Quentin Tarantino Writing Masterclass (A collection of advice)
Uploader: Iron Fist Films
Date: February 25, 2018
Quentin Tarantino Writing Masterclass
I wanted to piece together all of the best bits of QT's advice on just writing. This content is all referenced below. I was going to add a complete musical score to go along with this but opted out as it became a little too distracting.
1. Developing ideas & Outlining 2:35
2. Create a World 11:37
3. Characters 14:04
4. Dialogue 15:37
5. Structure 19:51
6. Writing Process 27:15
7. Rejection 38:13
8. Writers Groups & Being Around More Talented People 40:21
9. Advice for Writers 43:38
Quentin Jerome Tarantino (born March 27, 1963) is an American film director, writer, and actor. His films are characterized by nonlinear storylines, satirical subject matter, an aestheticization of violence, extended scenes of dialogue, ensemble casts consisting of established and lesser-known performers, references to popular culture, soundtracks primarily containing songs and score pieces from the 1960s to the 1980s, and features of neo-noir film. He is widely considered one of the greatest filmmakers of his generation.
ADDITIONAL QUOTES from Tarantino on Writing:
- "The good ideas will survive."
- "I'm very happy with the way I write. I think I do it good. But I've never really considered myself a writer."
- "As a writer, I demand the right to write any character in the world that I want to write. I demand the right to be them, I demand the right to think them and I demand the right to tell the truth as I see they are."
- "You can't write poetry on the computer"
- "I try not to get analytical in the writing process. I try to just kind of keep the flow from my brain to my hand as far as the pen is concerned and go with the moment and go with my guts.
- "If I'm doing my job right, then I'm not writing the dialogue; the characters are saying the dialogue, and I'm just jotting it down."
- "Don't write what you think people want to read. Find your voice and write about what's in your heart."
- Sleep with Me (Kelly, 1994)
- Tarantino interviewed on Opie & Anthony DEC 2012
- The Hollywood Reporter - Oscars Roundtable - Directors (2012)
- Tarantino interview on Sirius Stars DEC 2012
- EPISODE 774: NERDIST PODCAST (QUENTIN TARANTINO)
- B.E.E. Podcast - Quentin Tarantino - 12/7/15
- Charlie Rose Show (S 25 Ep 31)
Interested in a FREE Film School Podcast? The Dave Bullis Podcast has been named one of the top podcasts going today by Indie Film Academy, Podbean, and Podern Family, and was given an honorable mention by the popular site, Monkey's Fighting Robots.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW ON iTUNES:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW ON GOOGLE PLAY PODCASTS:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW ON STITCHER:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW ON PODBEAN:
Subscribe to Dave's Youtube Channel: http://Youtube.com/RealIron...
Follow the Dave Bullis Podcast on Twitter: http://Twitter/com/DBPodcast
Follow Dave on Twitter: http://Twitter.com/Dave_Bullis
Friend Dave on Facebook: http://Facebook.com/Dave.Bu...
Follow Dave on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/d...
Join the Dave Bullis Podcast Filmmakers Group on Facebook – a FREE filmmaking group I made on Facebook.
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
Konten ini (lagu atau video) hanya untuk tujuan referensi dan Kami tidak mengklaim kepemilikan atas konten ini. Kami tidak mendukung atau mempromosikan pembajakan dengan cara apa pun.
jika Anda menemukan konten ilegal silakan HUBUNGI KAMI kami akan menghapus sesegera mungkin.